What type of visa do I need to work in the United States?

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


What type of visa do I need to work in the United States? | Scarlatelli, P.A. | The Immigration Law Firm | Immigration Solutions That Work For You. | Donna Scarlatelli | http://greencards4u.com/ | Contact us today at: 941-917-0066 | 777 S. Palm Ave., Suite 5, Sarasota, Florida, 34236 | 73 Hooker Avenue, Poughkeepsie, New York, 12601 | donna@greencards4u.com

In order to work in the United States, typically you’re going to need a non-immigrant visa that grants you work permission. Those are most commonly the H-1B visa for professional workers, the L-1 visa for multi-national managers and executives who are transferred from companies outside the United States to companies inside the United States, the E visas which are based on treaties between the United States and your country of citizenship, perhaps a religious worker visa that allows you to work for a religious organization. Each of those non-immigrant work visas grants you work permission for that employer only.