I came to the U.S. on ESTA – can I adjust status?

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


So you entered the United States on the Visa Waiver Program, also called ESTA. And now you’ve either married a U.S. citizen or you’re thinking about marrying a U.S. citizen. And you want to know, can you apply for adjustment of status – also called a green card application – based on that marriage. The answer is maybe, but the details are important.